Thursday 13 February 2014

DH Covers Challenge

I've entered into a covers competition.

Well, to be honest, it's more of a club than a competition. It's a group of local(ish) musicians on Facebook that each submit a randomly selected cover from a certain theme every few weeks. The theme is chosen by the previous competition's winner and then he/she will come up with as many songs in their chosen theme as is required for the amount of people entering. Each person is then allocated one at random and given two weeks to make a YouTube video of it. Finally we all submit them on the final day and everyone picks their top three and the person with the most votes wins. The prize? Yep, the chance to choose the next theme.

It's a bit of fun and to be honest it's really nice to be involved with a competition of sorts online that doesn't revolve around getting the most 'likes' or video views.

I know you guys can't vote, but I thought you might be interested anyway. It means there will be some new videos coming up on my YouTube page shortly and some of them could be pretty left field! I don't know what song I'll be given yet, but the first one I'm taking part in is James Bond theme tunes! I'm both excited and slightly nervous about what I might get!

Keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment